Saturday, March 19, 2011

I am human

Day 17

This is getting tough. Since I have preached to paying attention to the process, I will do so now. I have spent all day avoiding writing. You know when you have something to do, and you don't really want to do it, so you convince yourself that cleaning out your sock drawer must be done this instant or the world might come crashing down? That's me today. I haven't cleaned my sock drawer yet, but have found lots of other stuff to do in order to avoid. Avoid writing, avoid thinking and reflecting. Maybe it is spring fever, maybe it's a busy weekend.

I just can't get there today. I have spent the day feeling a bit guilty about avoiding my commitment to writing, but that ends now. I am accepting of myself, and the space I am in today. I am only human.

About me:
1. I am a rightionist who is striving to wing it every once in a while.
2. I am inspired by others; I am on this earth to relate to others. I am a social worker.
3. I love stuff, until it turns to shit.
4. I am aware of extraordinary growth, even on ordinary days.
5. I embrace change, if it's my idea.
6. I am willing to commit to the smaller stuff; I will find strength in pain.
7. I have to find my own way. I have found my way to loving writing, and am on my way to loving myself.
8. I am a daughter, a girlfriend, a sister, a cousin and a best friend. I belong to a family.
9. My hope springs eternal.
10. I am able to realize when it's time to simplify.
11. I have talents; I am an academic, an artist, and many other things yet discovered.
12. I immerse myself in words; I am a connoisseur of reading, writing and speaking.
13. I am a control freak searching for calm waters.
14. I am accepting of my nerdiness.
15. I am eternally learning.
16. I can't do this alone.
17. I am human.
J

No comments:

Post a Comment